As a business owner you have a million things to do and, regardless of your New Year’s Resolutions, learning new skills and marketing techniques hasn’t made it to the top of the list yet. Assuming you haven’t brushed up on your Social Media Marketing options, here is a short primer on how you can market your company with SlideShare.
First… what’s so great about SlideShare?
- SlideShare isn’t just a presentation tool – it’s also a social platform.
- LinkedIn acquired SlideShare a little while ago and that means that it’s super-charged with the power of the world’s top professional social networking site.
- SlideShare PRO features are free as of late 2014 and you can now upload not only slides, but also video which means you can share company videos and webinars.
- Public and private uploads mean you can privately share specific presentations links with VIP customers to make them feel special and protect trade secrets.
- SlideShare analytics help you know what is hot and what is not to better target your marketing efforts.
Second… how to create kick-ass presentations?
Guess what! SlideShare has an awesome presentation for that and it is both fun and informational, giving you simple tips for creating highly-sharable slides. Click here for “How to create Great Slides for presentations” or check out the nifty embedding below. See how easy it is to create a presentation and add SlideShare to your blog or website as part of your content marketing platform.
And Most Importantly… how do you market with SlideShare?
Use Leadshare (part of SlideShare campaigns) to collect the email of people who downloaded your presentation (or pdf file) by inserting lead capture forms in your documents, videos and presentations. You also have the power to set up a campaign where the contact form shows at the end of the deck, after the tenth slide, or as a permanent button on the slide player. See and track your leads in the LeadShare section of your dashboard, or as some of us lazier marketers do, just have this information emailed to you.
Link to your most powerful content inside your presentations. Embedded links let you transition people from the slides to your website and landing pages. Once your pass the fourth slide you can start adding live links throughout the rest of your presentation. Just add the link before you upload the slides and give viewers an easy path to where you want them to go.
Create irresistible Calls to Action that are bold, bright and clear. Use crisp and simple graphics and copy (scripting) to tell readers what you want them to do next and why it is to their benefit to click this button or link, or fill out this form. Think of why are you spending precious time creating presentations and loading them onto SlideShare (and then embedding them on your website). What’s your objective here? Have them sign up for your newsletter, view your new product, check out your services, buy your book, or read your blog. Whatever it is you want, sometimes you just have to ask.
SEO the hell out of your description so people looking for what you are selling find you. But also remember to make it reader friendly for humans. Search engines use this information so your presentations show up in relevant search engine results, but real people also read these to decide whether or not your presentation is going to give them the information they are looking for. Be clear on what someone will learn in your presentation and make sure to include links to your website, email opt-in forms, blogs or where ever it is you would want a viewer to go.
Tips from SlideShare on getting your presentation viewed:
- Be a thought leader and show your expertise
- Have catchy headlines and title slides
- Optimize your content for SEO
- Make it visual
- Share your content across multiple channels
- Use analytics to measure and improve
- Add SlideShare to your LinkedIn Profile
- Use last slide for Calls to Action for viewers